July 23, 2014, 11:38:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register NZ Mopar Registry  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1968 Charger R/T - over the Line  (Read 5344 times)
Carlwalski
Carl - Wellington
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »

Yup, you'll get there Kelvin and as you know, those "jobs" could be worse. They just sound like frustrating little jobs to get out the way, the ones you usually leave last to on the "to do list" hahaha, still, you'll get there. The headlight covers are quite a common problem in the Chargers aren't they? Glad to hear the car is finally having it's wiring issues sorted too, an often overlooked job.

40 year old wiring that's been touched by several "professionals" over the years is dodgy (no pun intended). I got a new loom for Lucy form the States when I did mine and back then (2004-2005) it was one of the best reproduction items I had seen and still is throughout the resto, was awesome, like original. Keep us posted on that sexy beast of a machine! Smile

Off to the garage myself for some mock work on Lucy..........
Ps: Let me know if you'd like this thread moved to the Resto section bud, your call, no dramas!

Cheers

Gizzard
Garry & Pip

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2012, 09:43:34 AM »

Nice one Bob.  Thumbs Up Don't ya just love 40+ year old cars with all their "repair" jobs done by well meaning but sometimes incapable previous owners  Cheeky

It's only broken if it can't be fixed!
BigBlockBob

B Body poster boy

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:13 PM »

Cheers Guys, definetly lots of light coming down the tunnel now, all hooked up and proven , so now its re-assemble the console and wrap the engine bay wiring.
Yeah Carl & Giz, some of them should have just left it alone   WTFBang Head
Anyway, moving ahead towards compliance  In The Garage

Rapid Transit System

BigBlockBob

B Body poster boy

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »

Righto, been bit of a mission, I put a new front end kit in as well but got the BBD over the finish line today, still got to put the interior back in but shot out for a quick cruise a bit earlier on, the LSD seems to be working alright too  Thumbs Up

Also, I'd like to thank a few people, some are members here for their help, advice, parts, procurement, tools and assistance over the last 6 months of getting the old car over the line

Brent R/T dude & Dion cuda340, Brent 605, Rich BB Goon, Brendan 6878, Dunk Uncle Jesse, Paul F , Johnny Fury, Gerard, Stu, Mark A, Nick GL, Nige Scatpak, Mark sixtyf ,Mal T , Paul D, Steve W and the Villians for the support
and my lovely Wife Anita, who was all for the idea of a Big Block 68 Charger, we were fortunate enough to find an R/T , yes it cost more than I thought, yes i'm really going to enjoy driving it

Thank you all, have a cold one on me, much appreciated

How bout a few pics then

Rapid Transit System

ozone

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2012, 08:43:46 PM »

Yeah it looks o.k……..
I spose……
In black……
Factory rostyles are o.k too….. I spose…..
Round taillights…….. all round……..
Are they winking at me?
You could've polished the car….. a little.

……Hell I love 68 Chargers.
Need one before I die
Uncle Jesse

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2012, 08:59:05 PM »

Righto, been bit of a mission, I put a new front end kit in as well but got the BBD over the finish line today, still got to put the interior back in but shot out for a quick cruise a bit earlier on, the LSD seems to be working alright too  Thumbs Up

Also, I'd like to thank a few people, some are members here for their help, advice, parts, procurement, tools and assistance over the last 6 months of getting the old car over the line

Brent R/T dude & Dion cuda340, Brent 605, Rich BB Goon, Brendan 6878, Dunk Uncle Jesse, Paul F , Johnny Fury, Gerard, Stu, Mark A, Nick GL, Nige Scatpak, Mark sixtyf ,Mal T , Paul D, Steve W, Rich S and the Villians for the support
and my lovely Wife Anita, who was all for the idea of a Big Block 68 Charger, we were fortunate enough to find an R/T , yes it cost more than I thought, yes i'm really going to enjoy driving it

Thank you all, have a cold one on me, much appreciated

How bout a few pics then

Good to see a man driving his Mopar legally now! Glad to help out too  Cheers

Now a set of these would be cool http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steve-McQueen-Bullitt-Dodge-Charger-License-Plate-Combo-/251042989184?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a73540480 with some red centre wheel covers...about 7 of em  Cheeky

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

BigBlockBob

B Body poster boy

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2012, 09:35:24 PM »

Damn, dont send me links like that unless you can organise freight   Stirpot
Could bolt em straight on too now  Grin Yes

A mate came over on Monday night and dropped off this, he just happened to spy it at the Peterson museum last week, the Dodge is striped with silver paint to simulate sratches and dents just as it goes up on the kerb to the gas station,  Nice one

Rapid Transit System

HEMI 265
John & Sandra

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »

Nice one Bob  Thumbs Up

I can see the smile from here  Big Grin

"If it's not MoPar it's below par"
Uncle Jesse

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2012, 10:48:27 PM »

very cool  Cool

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Carlwalski
Carl - Wellington
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2012, 12:24:10 AM »

The Charger's looking good there Kelvin, my fave B-Body right there, down to a T! Thumbs Up

Cheers

Hell'n'Back
Brad - Goron

1976 VK Regal Wagon

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2012, 09:54:16 AM »

Awesome stuff Bob!! Love it.

RTTT265

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2012, 10:14:52 AM »

When I see your car on the next run, Ill put some scratches down the side for you, to give it an authentic look   Grin No

BigBlockBob

B Body poster boy

« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2012, 10:50:49 AM »

When I see your car on the next run, Ill put some scratches down the side for you, to give it an authentic look   Grin No

Cool, cant wait .

That'll be me hangin outa the side window with the 12 guage for authenticity sake aimin at ya authentically  Evil

Rapid Transit System

605brent

« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2012, 01:00:00 PM »

You going to "fire" it ..........For authenticity sake as well?
 USA Flag

The answer is: More Power
Always was, always is, always will be.
Pope Richard

C bodies are for sissys

« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2012, 08:38:52 PM »

Being a mite partial to B bodies myself I have to say that's one mighty fine looking automobile son, and if that there Bullit car chase happened in the real world, Y'all know which car would really end up on fire.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: