November 01, 2014, 12:39:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register NZ Mopar Registry  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some homo crashed into me so now I'm doing a rebuild =)  (Read 19204 times)
Hell'n'Back
Brad - Goron

VC Regal

« on: October 16, 2008, 01:18:31 PM »

Righto, so here's where it's at....

The Val's been parked up in the garage for a while over the winter (reg on hold) and while we had our 2nd child, (Lily, born 25th Aug, been a bit slack in spreading the news).
Anyway for my 30th birthday (Sep) the wife gets the Val a nice new WOF & Reg. Cool! So the next day we load it up with the 2 kids, wife & I, mother'n'law and cousin and head off south to the big smoke of Invercargill. The girls go in to no.1 Shoe Warehouse to get some shoes or some shit while I stay in the car drinking beers. Anyway as we go to leave some homo in his Triton reverses straight into us!! Big dent in the passangers guard.
Get out swap details no worries, his insurance company rings me the next day and we're all go for the repairs.
Take it to my panelbeater buddy he suggests we may as well fix the whole side while we're there, sweet, so last night went round and stripped the trim, bumpers and shit off it. My mate had already cut the rust out of the door skins.
Forgot to take my camera so had to use my phone....
Dent...

The rest...

Ok, so I get talking with the wife and we decide bugger it we'll do the whole lot. So now I've just got to convince the panelbeater to put off some of his other jobs to fit me in!! Anyway will post up some more picks after the weekend.

78Fury

Bigamy: one wife too many. Monogamy: same thing

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:01:12 PM »

Piss off getting backed into but at least he had some insurance. And now you gonna do the lot  Thumbs Up way to go.
Airstream

Last of the C bodys

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 07:35:48 PM »

ins't that the way it alway happens.
just like getting a new paint job and some a$$ hole marks your new paint work.

Big is good. Longer is better!
mottly

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 08:55:08 PM »

Man, would've been hard not to give him a good punch for that!  Mad  Go hard on the insurance.  I did that once, back when I had an ahem....RX7. Series 2 landrover backed into the front - munted to bits of course. Insurance paid for all the panel, rust, and patch up the small dents, in exchange I had to forfeit the insurance covering the paintjob - sweet panel work though, but they didn't manage to turn it into a Mopar  Grin No  Laughing

AMC - metal horses with drinking problems           
registry # 932 and 292
HEMI 265
John & Sandra

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 09:27:21 PM »

Bummer get backed into but looks to have turned out as a blessing in disguise in that you're getting a restore earlier than planned.

keep us updated.

Cheers

"If it's not MoPar it's below par"
Slotts

Happiness is a Dodge in your garage

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »

Just curious. How hard is it to find a nice front fender like that or any of the other body parts for that matter?  Don't Know
Never saw one so I would say parts are next to impossible over here.

Slotts

What is the only thing you can give away and still keep?   ???   Your word.   ;)

First Challenger
Carlwalski
Carl - Wellington
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 12:49:52 PM »

Dang, that sucks mate, sorry to hear about it. Crying Crying Crying At least she's in good hands.  Cheers

Airstream

Last of the C bodys

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 01:27:13 PM »

Just curious. How hard is it to find a nice front fender like that or any of the other body parts for that matter?  Don't Know
Never saw one so I would say parts are next to impossible over here.

Slotts
Slotts you can still find the odd good graud. but getting harder to buy.you can get rust patchs for the normal rust places
but good parts are drying fast now the last Valiant was made in early 1981

Hell'n'Back
Brad - Goron

VC Regal

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 01:46:51 PM »

Piss off getting backed into but at least he had some insurance. And now you gonna do the lot  Thumbs Up way to go.

Insurance is all good, even if he didn't I still have it, wouldn't go without it. (Too many loonys on the road... myself included)

ins't that the way it alway happens.
just like getting a new paint job and some a$$ hole marks your new paint work.

Haha, yeah I'll get it home after it's painted and give it a wash and Isabella (our oldest daughter 2yrs) will decide to help out with the wire brush...... nooooo!

Man, would've been hard not to give him a good punch for that!

Nah, I'd been drinking... I'm amazingly mello on the booze. Here for a good time not a 'fuck my nose is broken' time!!

Bummer get backed into but looks to have turned out as a blessing in disguise in that you're getting a restore earlier than planned.
Definatley a blessing in disguise! We weren't planning on doing anything with it until we had a bit more equity in the house, but it's far more fun working on ya car than on ya house....

Just curious. How hard is it to find a nice front fender like that or any of the other body parts for that matter?

Easy peasy, I've got another one sitting on my drive....

Dang, that sucks mate, sorry to hear about it. Crying Crying Crying At least she's in good hands.  Cheers

To tell you the truth I was a little gutted, but mainly because I was having my 30th the next weekend and I didn't want everyone coming to the party to see it like that!!!

Going back tonight for a few beers and to remove the rear quater window as it looks as though there is some rust "patches" *read 'metal welded over rust then bogged'* that I can see from the interior. So we'll get the grinder onto that and see what the damage is.

I didn't realise how excited I'd be to start doing this, I always thought I'd be more gutted not having it on the road.

Carlwalski
Carl - Wellington
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »

Some good looking kids you have their mate, at least no one was hurt and you're lucky it wasn't a lot worse.  Thumbs Up

Hell'n'Back
Brad - Goron

VC Regal

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 02:24:14 PM »

Some good looking kids you have their mate, at least no one was hurt and you're lucky it wasn't a lot worse.  Thumbs Up
Yeah they're cute as... when they're being good, luckily their mother is brilliant and they're always good! Mopar girls in the making!

Hell'n'Back
Brad - Goron

VC Regal

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 08:45:58 AM »

Well, getting there most of the rust work has been done on the passengers side now, taking it back home tonight to strip the rest of it down while Ben, my panelbeater gets rid of a few other rebuild jobs he has then hopefully he can fit me in before xmas.

Hell'n'Back
Brad - Goron

VC Regal

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 09:01:09 AM »

We've decided to remove the protector strip that runs the length of the car, but not too sure what to do about the badges on the guard. It's currently got Valiant then under that a '4.3 Litre' badge (changed from 265 for the VK models). The 4.3 badge is :gay: so I'll get some 'Hemi 265' badges like in the above photo.
I think that the Valiant badge is too much but what do you guys reckon?

Airstream

Last of the C bodys

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 09:06:32 AM »

some nice work going on there.

265 HEMI  badge do look best IMO.

are you going to paint it the some colour or a new one ?
and can you give me your paint code for the colour you have on your car now ?

Topless69

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 09:23:25 AM »

get rid of the Badges they do look  Gay.Its a bit like seeing 6.1lt on an SR/T 8,you gotta have cubic inches headbang

You don't have to go Fast to look Good
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: